Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mr. Beaver Joins the Army

Hello there!! I have been a busy beaver these days trying to get various projects done and have wanted to make a troop card with a particular image for a few weeks now!! My friend Crissy who draws for Squigglefly drew this fabulous image called Proud Canadian.

I have this little thing for masking images or adding stuff that isn't in the original image. I did a couple of little modifications to the Crissy's stamp with my Copic Multiliner and voila--combat boots & dog tags--You're in the Army now Beaver!! I did this awhile back for another Troop card with Cosmobella from Stampin' Bella--click here if you want to see it.

Without further ado...here's my card...

The Front...
(that's me--even looks like my hips :)


The Inside...


Oh!! How I love a man in uniform!!!


On the back...


This card will make it's way very shortly to a Canadian Forces Member at Kandahar Air Field with a "cup o' joe" inside (Tim Horton's giftcard).

Thanks for coming to visit!! Have a great day!!

Blessings,

Sarah

Digi Stamp: Squigglefly
Sentiment: CG
Printed On: Neenah
Media--Copic (E33, 35, 47 & YG95 & Multliner SP 0.05) , Prismacolor (4, 70, 71, 90, 99, 101, 102) Markers & Creative Memories--Precious Elements--Silver Gel Pen
Cardstock: Bazzil Papers
DP: Heidi Grace--Reagan's Closet/Pinstripe
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk--Dark Moss & Lime Pastel
Ribbon: Michael's
Brads: Doodlebug
Metal Clips--Dollarama
Die Cut Envelope: Quickutz--Love Letter

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting your submission to my DT call. I really appreciate seeing what you do with one of my images! Thanks for showing me your creative talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards, Sarah
    Love the combat boots and dog tags....brilliant work!!!
    Such a wonderful thing you do for our troops!!
    You have good heart my friend!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah~ you did a great job with this card. I love it. Military works of art always tug at my heart strings. I too love a man in uniform...particularly mine.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting on the we r memory keepers piercing & brad setting tool.
    I am planning on having a giveaway of this tool so stay tuned.
    Thanks for your blog support.
    All the best & crafty goodness!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card! That is so awesome how you turned that beaver into a soldier! Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah~ thanks for visiting my blog & posting about my giveaway.
    I really enjoy sharing my crafting tips & inspirational finds. This community always inspires learning, exploring & taking art to the next level-thanks for being a part of that.
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah