Sunday, April 4, 2010

High Hopes Challenge #70

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone!! This is an exciting day for me because this is my first official design team project for the High Hopes Challenge Blog! I will be a guest designer with the team from April to June which is a tremendous honour for me since High Hopes Stamps are my favourite stamps!!!

Now on to the challenge!! This week design team diva Jeanette has challenged us to make "Anything But A Card!" I racked my brain trying to think of a debut project and I found a really cool tutorial on Splitcoast on how to make nugget boxes. Click here if you are interested in seeing the tutorial.

When I first made my box using the dimensions in the tutorial I ended up with a "nugget box"--I mean it was so small I could have put a sentiment on it or a very small stamp but that really didn't excite me and I am sure it wouldn't have excited you much either. So, I decided to see what would happen if I increased all the measurements by 2X and voila, a box big enough to put a fair sized stamp on and big enough to hold some candy. Being Easter I thought it would make a lovely box for easter eggs.

Here it is...


And the inside & side view...



The stamp I used is called March-ing Hares. The sentiment Egg-stra Special is also from High Hopes and is actually just two lines. It didn't quite fit on the banner so I used my Stampamajig and split the words up to make it fit. I stamped my image on Neenah Paper using Memento--Tuxedo Black Ink. The designer paper from American Crafts--Letterbox Collection is actually two-sided which I thought would be great for the inside of the box. I made the outside cover from the decorative side of the paper and the actual box with the plain side showing. It gave it some constrast on the outside and then left the decorative pattern on the inside as a liner.



I coloured my image with Copics (E33, E35, E50, E53, R00 & R20). The ribbon is from Michael's, Brads from Doodlebug, Pink Flowers are from Bo Bunny & Prima, & the white flower was punched with an EK Success punch. I really enjoyed making this project, especially sampling the eggs as I worked :) Thanks for coming by today to visit!! Check out what the other divine divas made for this challenge and be inspired!!

Have a Happy Easter!!

Blessings,

Sarah :)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah