Sunday, April 25, 2010

High Hopes Challenge #73

Good Morning!!! It's time again for the challenge of the week over at High Hopes Stamps and this week Design Team Diva Alex has charged us with making bookmarks. I am not a huge fiction reader but when I do read it I like mysteries, so I thought, why not make a mystery themed bookmark...?



The Little Slueth and his faithful companion Watson are hot on the trail to solve a crime!!


After I coloured and mounted my artwork I took my VersaMark Watermark ink pad and went over my intire image with it. I then took fine, clear embossing powder and heat embossed the whole image. This will protect the artwork from getting ruined--giving it a "plastic" covering. Most stampers know what ink I am talking about but just in case you don't there is a picture of the ink pad below!! It's such a cool product with a lot of different uses!!
Well there you have it!! Thanks for coming by today to check out my site!! Hop over to the High Hopes Challenge Blog for some more cool ideas from the rest of the Design Team. Join in the challenge!! We would love to see what wonderful ideas you can come up with. Enter your bookmark and you could win a free High Hopes Stamp of your own!!

Toodle Loo!!!

Sarah :)

Stamps: High Hopes
Stamped On: Neenah
Ink: Memento--Tuxedo Black, Copic--Black Multiliner
Media:Copic & Prismacolor Markers
Cardstock: Bazzil Papers
DP: Graphic 45--Shutter Speed
Die Cut Letters: Quickutz--Sunshine Font

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this turned out great! I love the way you embossed it to protect it, very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous and what a great idea to embossing over it to protect the bookmark.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation is beautiful, I like it very much. I want to bee a folger :O) LG Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work, the image is so sweet and the sentiment is just perfect.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah!
    I love your bookmark. It is so great , that you made embossing over it. Cool idea.
    Hugs
    Alex.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah