Thursday, April 1, 2010

FROM THE TROOPS!!

I went to my mailbox late last night and discovered an envelope with National Defence as the return address. I was puzzled for a moment until I saw it had HMCS Halifax stamped on it and I knew right away what it was. A card I had sent to "Any Canadian Forces Member" bound for this ship back in February had been received and someone had responded. I opened the envelope and found a very nice letter from a crew member along with a HMCS Halifax crest!! What a nice surprise this was for me!!! In her closing remarks this crew member said in response to my card..."it is personal messages like yours that really make us feel appreciated and respected by the people we serve." I can't tell you what that did for me!! I don't do these cards to get a response but it sure is a great feeling when I do get one!!!

A big hello to the HALIFAX crew and thank you for all the hard work you do to serve our country and keep her safe!! Congratulations also on a successful mission in Haiti and for all the things you did there to help this devastated country & its people.

Here's the crest...

(These crests have a special meaning for me as my father sailed in the Canadian Navy in the 50's & 60's aboard HMCS Bonaventure & HMCS Magnificent. He use to handcraft these same crests out of dental stone and would paint them by hand for naval personnel. He still has some of them to this day. My dad is in his late 70's now but still identifies himself as a sailor!! )

Hugs,

Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah