Saturday, April 17, 2010

Birthday Card for My Best Friend

Good Morning!! Wow is it ever chilly here! It went from 27°C to about -2°C in a day! When I came downstairs this morning it was actually snowing!! Okay, where did spring go???? I was joking with Mo Manning yesterday about their cold temps in California--I think I spoke too soon :{ Mr. Sun, pleeeassssse come back!!

Anyway, I thought I'd post a birthday card I made for my best friend May who I don't get to see as often as I'd like!! She's in the military and her posting is hours away so when I do get to see her it's always special!! She's down for a visit this weekend so we'll get to do lunch & catch up!! {Waving} May!! :)

This card is for 2 challenges. The first is Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #27 in which we have to follow this sketch:


The second is for Colour Create's Challenge #42 which is to use Lilac, Grey, & White as the colour scheme for our cards. I just love that colour combination!!

Here's my card...



This digi from Mo's Digital Pencil is called Cat Love. To me it's like a black and white photograph--it doesn't need a lot of fuss and stands so nicely on it's own. May & I share a great love of cats so I am sure she will love this image!

Anyway, gotta go, hope it's warm where you are!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Blessings,
Sarah

Stamps: Mo's Digital Pencil
Printed On: Neenah
Cardstock--Bazzil Papers
DP: Fundamentals--Lilac Stripe, Metalic Paper--LSS
Sentiment: A Muse Stamps--Friends Forever
Flowers: Prima
Brad: Doodlebug
Spacer: Stash
Ribbon: Michael's

8 comments:

  1. Love this card and the design, that Digital Image is so adorable. I'm sure your friend will love it.
    Hugs, Rosalee from MB, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty with the black and white image! Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and adorable card!! Beautiful image and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Sally. What a fantastic image. Love the way you used the challenge colours.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Sakky.
    I love Mo's wonderful images but your simple treatment is a breath of fresh air!
    Thank you for coming over to play at Colour Create this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas (GDT)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sarah... Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week. Best of luck in the drawing. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an elegant card! I'm sure your friend was thrilled! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week, hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah