Friday, May 22, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #31

This week's challenge from the amazing Karen was to doodle. I kinda did 2 challenges in one so to speak--the first for High Hopes, the second for the 20th anniversary of my first date with my husband--wow, what to put on a card like that?! Well I love the Leo the Lion stamp and decided to use him--he reminds me of my husband's personality--strong, brave and loyal!


Here's my card...


The stuff I used...
  • Prismacolor Markers--70-Sand, 23-Cream
  • Prisma Pencils with mineral spirits
  • Copic Multi Liner--for the doodles
  • PP--Me & My Big Ideas
  • CS--Bazzil Papers
  • Die Cuts--all Quickutz--Diesel Font, Lips, Love Letter

Here's the inside...



...and the back...

I don't usually do anything on the back of my cards except stamp the "Stamped with High Hopes Stamps" logo on them but...for me this is a pretty special day and I wanted to have lots of room to write on the inside.

Thanks for stopping by--and thanks too to Karen, my buddy and source of great inspiration from the Rubber Room--this was a fun challenge!

Blessings,
Sarah

7 comments:

  1. This card is Gorgeous!! Your coloring, doodling and layout is Fabulous!..I've used Leo for my hubby Anniversary card before too...(he loved it)..Congratulations on the 20th Anniversary of your first date!!..Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful work. Love the layout and coloring. I really like the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and awesome colouring, Sarah!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sarah, love the way you have coloured Leo and the lo is beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used Leo for cards for my hubby too! I do love the symoblism. I love your coloring and layout and esp. the "I love you" paper you used with it! That is so attractive! This is a great card and I bet he was touched!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!!
    I love the shading!!
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card, love the image and you wonderful colouring.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah