Thursday, May 7, 2009

Copics with Joe!

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to hang out with my friends Joe & Cathy Siroski at the Rubber Room for a class using Copic Markers. Joe's amazing when it comes to colouring stamped images and Cathy helps him put his finished work of art in the perfect "frame" so to speak!

These are two cards I made after the class using a variety of alcohol markers using some of Joe's helpful hints!


This is Luigi from High Hopes Stamps--one of my favourite stamps Crissy Armstrong has ever designed!! He's so easy to colour and has such a cute, kind face! I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink & stamped on Strathmore Bristol Smooth 100 lb paper. The markers I used were Prismacolor #23-Cream, #71-Buff, #102-Warm Grey 40%, #132-Jasmine, #151-Raspberry, #198-Muted Turquoise, #202-Sky Blue Light and Copic YG25-Celadon Green, and WG4-Warm Grey. My cardstock is Bazzil and my DP is Basic Grey--Urban Prairie--Harvest. Dew drops are Robin's Nest.



This next image is from Q.T. Hooty Owl Plate 1 from Pink Cat Studios! Again...lovely images for colouring! I used Prism paper for this image stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The markers I used were Prismacolor #15-Yellow Orange, Copic #B02-Robin's Egg Blue, #B04-Tahitian Blue, #RV14-Begonia Pink, Touch #35-Lemon Yellow, #75-Dark Blue Light, #P83-Lavender & Letra Set Lime Green. Cardstock is Bazzil, border punch is Fiskars and scalloped circle made with Cuttlebug.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!!

Stop by the Rubber Room website where you can find these stamps and much more!! Here's the link--http://www.rubberroom.ca/

Check out Joe's Blog at--http://www.1crazyjoe.blogspot.com/

Have a blessed day!!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous, Sarah.
    Wonderful coloring and shading, love the paper on Luigi's card and the beautiful bright papers of your Hooty card.
    Great work!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally I love these! Two very different and attractive creations! The owls are nice and vibrant, and I can tell the light is coming from the left, with where you put highlights and shadows. Very well done!
    And I'm touched you love Luigi so much! Thanks for the compliments on him! I love the softer tones for him, those are great color choices. And the simple layout is the perfect way to draw attention to the main image. Nice papers with him too!
    Happy Mother's Day!
    and
    God loves you!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah