Thursday, January 21, 2010

Troop Card #2--HMCS Halifax

Hello everyone!! I wanted to show you all my first go at Dustin Pike's new release over at High Hopes Stamps! I thought this stamp would make a great troop card--it's called Team Canada! This card will be going to a sailor aboard HMCS Halifax. If you click on the ship's link you can find out what they are doing right now as they aid earthquake victims in Haiti. Way to go Canada and may you all be safe as you serve these hurting people!

My dad use to be in the Royal Canadian Navy and proudly served aboard HMCS Bonaventure & HMCS Magnificent--both lightweight aircraft carriers--long decommissioned. It's funny, even after almost 50 years has passed, he still identifies himself as a sailor. I use to love to look at his naval scrapbook when I was a kid and see at all the pictures of life aboard ship, all the faraway places he toured and the icebergs...I really remember the icebergs. I think his scrapbook really inspired me and that's where I got my love of scrapbooking from. As far back as I can remember I was always making my own little books and pasting stuff into them. Thanks Dad, for the inspiration--incidently this isn't a cheap hobby :)!

Here's the outside of my card...


And the inside...

Recipe for this Card:

  • Stamp: Team Canada--High Hope Stamps
  • Cardstock: Bazzil Papers
  • Patterned Paper--Around the Block--Maple Leaf
  • Ship's Wheel Embellishment--from The Rubber Room
  • Support Ribbon--Quickutz
  • Die Cut Lettering--Quickutz--Diesel Font
  • Media--Alcohol Markers--Copic, Touch, & Prismacolor
  • Stamped on Prism Paper with Memento Tuxeodo Black Ink

A thought as I close...I cannot grasp the horrible situation in Haiti right now--I have heard the news reports and seen some of the pictures and honestly I am overwhelmed... My heart and my prayers go out to the Haitian people and the many people from around the world who have lost loved ones there. I plan today to tell the people I love how much they mean to me--I am very thankful for what I have--I am truly blessed.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!!

Sarah xx

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, Sarah
    Love how you coloured these guys, great paper, the yellow contrast is just perfect. Love the charm too. I'm sure your card will be greatly appreciated!!

    Hugs
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah