Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Last Melon!!!

I don't know how many of you out there have seen the movie Ice Age, but there is this scene were these dodo birds are preparing for imminent catastrophe by hording melons (all 3 of them) to keep them alive when the deep freeze hits. Along comes Sid the Sloth and his friends who have been trying to return a human baby to his father. Junior is hungry and in need of nourishment. What ensues is a free-for-all between the regiments of dodo birds and Sid and his team. When it comes down to "The Last Melon", which falls into the claws of Sid the Sloth, he does a bum's rush, slow-mo dash through the frenzied birds! It's just hilarious to watch!! Sid makes it through to the side where his friends are waiting. He does a victory dance and in a fit of slow-mo excitement, he smashs the melon on the ground, spewing the contents everywhere, rendering it useless for consumption! Sid's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he means well. Really, if you haven't seen the movie, you should, it will make you laugh, possibly even cry!!

Now, why did I tell you all of that? In my family, because we have seen Ice Age so many times and split many a gut on the melon scene, we always refer to the last cookie, the last piece of cake, the last pizza slice, or the last "whatever", as "The Last Melon"!! You know, one of those family quips that some people might "get" or not!! So here it is...wait for it..."The Last Melon" so to speak for the fundraiser cards I did back in March. I have been slowly putting them on my blog and here is #20!!!



It's a simple encouragement card and the image I used is called "Hang In There" ! It can be found in both rubber & digi format, drawn by Crissy Armstrong for Whimsy Stamps. I used the digi format. I printed out and coloured two identical images and then cut out the shell of one of them and popped it up with foam to give my turtle a more 3D look. I also popped up my flowers by adding 3 separate layers to each one, so not as high as foam would have made them, but 3D nonetheless . It's kind of hard to see in the photo but it gave a nice effect. Inside I used a Penny Black sentiment that reads, "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us", which is a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Well that's it for me. I'm off to watch Ice Age and have the last melon

a.k.a.

 the last piece of

CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

Thanks for stopping in!!

Hugs,
☺Sarah☺

Card Deets:
Printed On: Neenah
Cardstock: Bazzill Papers
Designer Papers: October Afternoon--Lemonade
Leaf Punch: Martha Stewart
Die Cut Background: Spellbinders
Flowers: Prima
Metal Flower: Hobby Lobby
Gem: Dollarama

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colouring Sarah, and I'm lovin the three D effect too. The whole card is beautifully done! Your re-telling of the melon scene was hilarious too! We love all the Ice Age movies as well, and Scrat and Syd are the funniest critters ever! Hugz!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah