Monday, June 8, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #34

Hello everyone--this week's challenge over at High Hopes is to use a sketch by design team member Nikki who for me personally is a huge source of inspiration!

Here's Nikki's sketch....



Here's what I did with it...



Canada Day is coming soon--July 1st to be exact and it marks my country's 142nd birthday! As a Canadian I am reminded everyday, as I watch the news, of the many freedoms I enjoy that many others around the globe do not! I love my country and feel truly blessed to live here! I thought it would be nice to make a card for a friend to celebrate the day. I used Mountie Marc from High Hopes which is one of my favourites.

Here's the rest of the recipe...
  • Oh Canada! Sentiment--High Hopes
  • What's Up Canuck? Sentiment--Studio G
  • Media--Alcohol Markers (Copic, Touch, Prismacolor)
  • Patterned Paper--Maple Leaf (double-sided) from Around the Block
  • Cardstock--Bazzil Papers
  • Ink--Memento--Tuxedo Black, Color Box Fluid Chalk--Warm Red
  • Heart Brads--My Stash

Here's the inside...

Thanks for stopping by...if you get the chance, check out the individual websites for the High Hopes Design Team Members--they have a wealth of knowledge and are an incredibly inspiring and talented bunch!

Have a blessed day!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I love your accurate coloring on marc's uniform! This card is ultra Canadian and I find myself singing "O Canada" in my head after looking at it! I am also hearing the "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh!" opening notes from the old "Hockey Night In Canada" song! LOL You could say, your card makes me sing! :-)
    Thanks for the nice things you said about the HH Divas too!
    Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Sarah.
    Your coloring is perfect!! Love the papers, inside looks great too.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Sarah! Great coloring on the image, and I love the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great card! Love the image and your colouring.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, this was my first high hopes challenge and hope to join more. Your kitties look so cute too...do they help you make cards? My cat tries to!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Wow here!! What a perfect and Fabulous Canadian card!!..I love the way you colored this HH mountie....and the papers and layout is just Wonderful!!...Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is adorable! Beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet card, wonderful image and great choice of papers. hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! You should patent this - you'd make a fortune on Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fab card and a great way to celebrate you're country's birthday!

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an awesome card, great inside as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah