Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cards for Canadian Soldiers--Round #3

We take for granted so many things these days. One of those things is being able to pop into a greeting card store to buy a card for someone we love. Yes, I admit it, I still buy the occasional card (usually for those people I know will throw them out anyway--still nice but I didn't sit for hours making it only for it to end up in landfill--LOL--is that awful??). Time is precious and so are handmade cards--let Hallmark make the throw-aways. Which brings me to my original point. What if you couldn't get to a card store or what if there simply weren't any?? That's what soldiers serving abroad run into when they are in remote locations. So when they have a box of handmade cards to go through and can pick out a card for someone back home, it means a lot!!

If you are a Canadian and have some extra time and would like to brighten the day of a soldier and his loved ones, Cards For Canadian Soldiers is accepting A2 size greeting cards!! It's a great size and quick to whip up!! Click on the link for more info. Here's some of my latest cards I sent off to Afghanistan.












Thanks for stopping by to take a look!! May your day be blessed and full of sunshine!!
Hugs,
Sarah ☺
The Deets:

All images printed on Neenah Paper and coloured with Copic Markers
Cardstock used is Bazzil and Designer Papers are various scraps I had in my stash
Elephant Card--Baby Elephant--Squigglefly
Rose Cards--Freebie--Making Our Mark
Tiger Card--Toby's Gift--Wags'n Whiskers
Dragon Card--Stunt Dragon--High Hopes Stamps

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful set of cards Sarah Of course I'm a little biased, ;-). The wee little envelopes on the elephant card are sooo cute! The tiger is so adorable, and I love the spotted dino too. Adorable! The roses are simply stunning. Lovely colouring! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet person you are to participate in such a wonderful cause. I really need to do more of this. Your cards are just wonderful and perfect for these great guys and gals to send back home to loved ones. Bless your heart for doing this! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great!
    I love the assortment, the colors, the images...everything...super sweet!
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for leaving your comments! I really appreciate them!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah